(Lithium Triborate Crystal)
LBO crystals is an excellent nonlinear crystal.For frequency doubling(SHG),tripling(THG) of Nd:YAG,Nd:YLF,Nd:YVO4 lasers, it is one of the most useful nonlinear optical materials in ultraviolet and visible laser applications.
• broad transparency range from 160nm to 2600nm (see Figure 1);
• high optical homogeneity (δn≈10-6/cm) and being free of inclusion;
• relatively large effective SHG coefficient (about three times that of KDP);
• wide acceptance angle and small walk-off;
• type I and type II non-critical phase matching (NCPM) in a wide wavelength range;
• spectral NCPM near 1300nm.
• high damage threshold(18.9 GW/cm 2 for a 1.3ns laser at 1053nm); LBO has the highest damage threshold in all the commonly-used inorganic NLO crystals. Therefore, it is the best candidate for high average power SHG and other nonlinear optical processes.
Comparison of Bulk Damage Threshold (@1053nm ,1.3ns)
Energy Density (J/cm 2 )
Power Density (GW/cm 2 )
LBO's main applications
l SHG, THG of Nd lasers
l SHG of Ti:Sapphire, Cr:LiSAF and Alexandrite lasers
l OPA and OPO
HGO offer LBO specification:
Tolerance of cutting angle
Tolerance of dimension
λ/8 @ 632.8nm
10/5 per MIL-O-13830A
AR/P-coating Upon customer’s request
750MW/CM2 at 1064nm, TEM00, 10ns, 10Hz
One year under proper use